Monday, June 23, 2008

How to use any game pad with Need for Speed Carbon

This could work with any racing game (probably). I'm not going into detailed steps, but this should be what you need. It works on Windows Vista or XP.

Download this:
http://members.shaw.ca/coxswainballs/joy.rar

It contains PPJoy and PPJoyJoy. The first is the install for a virtual gamepad driver, the second contains the configuration program.

I used my MatCatz MC2 Racing Wheel. I installed PPJoy, launched the program and added 1 virtual controller, then started PPJoyJoy. Then I made the wheel's X axis the X axis on the virtual controller, and the Z axis (the pedals) the Y axis on the virtual controller. I then assigned each of the 10 buttons as buttons 1-10 on my virtual controller. I didn't bother with the D-pad--don't know if it's possible. Anyways, you have to keep the second thing running Then I launched NFS Carbon and set the controls up there. Works! Remember that to calibrate your wheel, you need to use the Windows Calibration screen for the wheel itself (not the virtual controller).

No comments: